2011/06/08

Sling at the Raven...Nevermoore

My second day in Nepal I tried my sling at a raven sitting up in a tree. I missed of course by what I would call a country mile. But the raven...neither forgave... nor forgot. The very next day while reading outside this same bird flew up behind me and popped me in the head! I would have thought it a fluke had it not happened again five minutes later and several times the next day. He was so consistent at attacking only me and so many times that we shot this video with only thirteen seconds of recording. Now, at just the sight of my sling he spreads his wings and takes off. In the bird's defense, I have continued slinging passion fruit, tiny pre-mangoes, and acorn size dirt clods at my little avian enemy. But so far the score is
glen: zero
raven: nine